DSA Ireland Study Groups are open to all DSA Ireland and DSA UK Members. Study Groups are an opportunity for members to link with those who have aninterest in the same research area in international development.
DSA Ireland currently runs seven groups: civil society; child health; education; gender; humanitarian action; nutrition and water. Each group is run by a Convenor with experience and/or expertise in that area.
Meetings for each group varies, depending on interest and availability of members. Some groups meet as a group and some groups meet virtually (i.e. via Skype or in other virtual spaces).
It is anticipated that some of the activities that Study Groups will be involved in are as follows:
- Occasional seminars/workshops focused on new research
- Collaborative projects on key thematic areas
- Conducting research and supporting new research initiatives
- Engaging in dialogue with other researchers and practitioners
- Participating in thematic sessions as part of the programme of events at the DSA Ireland Annual Conference
Study Groups grow organically within DSA Ireland, based on interest of members. The activities Study Groups will be involved in depends on the needs and interests of members and may incorporate other activities not listed above. Equally not all Study Groups will be engaged in all of the activities listed above.
If you are interested in forming a study group, please contact the DSA Ireland Coordinator, Dawn Quinn at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.