Job Vacancy: Project Officer with Edmund Rice Development
Issued 24 January 2017
The Project Officer will work within a small institutional development team and will be responsible for maintaining and continuing to grow Edmund Rice Development’s existing development funding base through the securing of financial support for Edmund Rice projects and the support of overseas projects through project cycle management.
Edmund Rice Development (ERD) www.edmundricedevelopment.org is a development agency established in 2008 in Ireland by the Congregation of Christian Brothers and governed by an independent board of directors. ERD is dedicated to the liberation of people and communities from poverty and injustice. We collaborate to support the sustainability of Edmund Rice Mission by sourcing funding, building donor engagement and working with our partners in mission to improve development capacity. ERD is committed to transparency and accountability, and to an efficient, effective operation that impacts positively on the lives of people made poor.
Edmund Rice Mission incorporates a network of international development projects and programmes in the areas of Education (formal and informal), Community Development and Advocacy across Africa (9 countries), India, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
Reporting to the Development Funding Manager, and based at our offices at Edmund Rice House, North Richmond Street, Dublin 1, Ireland, the role will also involve some international travel. This is a one year contract position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and a degree of flexibility around work arrangements may be considered.
1. Development and submission of project grant proposals, working with our in-country partners including:
a. Guiding partners through the project cycle management process in preparation for submission
b. Ensuring compliance with funders’ guidelines and governance requirements
c. Liaison with institutional funders
2. Ensuring all reporting, monitoring and evaluation standards are met for projects and programmes
3. Co-ordination of progress reports from partners in the field using results based management
4. Conduct in-country monitoring visits (c. 2-3 during the year)
5. Raising awareness of funding opportunities of relevance/ interest to our partners
6. Updating and maintaining all institutional funding records and database.
7. Collaborate on the development and agreement of key development governance agreements and policies
From time to time, the candidate may also be required to complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 3-5 years proven experience of grant-writing, fundraising from agencies and institutions, or project management within an NGO, faith-based organisation or funding body.
• A degree or post-graduate qualification in International Development or direct experience working in an International Development environment.
• Expertise or knowledge of current international development or human rights and advocacy issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent organisational skills and financial knowledge.
• Self-motivation, with an ability to take initiative and be creative.
• Ability to work both on an individual basis, and with a team of people in the field and at head office.
• Fluent English.
• Excellent I.T. skills – specifically in MS Office.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
• A demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex and dynamic cross-cultural setting.
• Use of relationship databases or software e.g Salesforce, Raisers Edge etc
Please send current Curriculum Vitae, together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role no later than Monday 30 January 2017 to:
Development Funding Manager
Edmund Rice Development
Edmund Rice House
North Richmond Street
T: +353 1 819 6782
Edmund Rice Development is an equal opportunities employer.
Link to job advertisement on Edmund Rice Development website