AN ONLINE CONFERENCE ABOUT RE-IMAGINING INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
September 17-21, 2018
WONDERING HOW TO DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY?
Are you working in international development but sometimes feel out of integrity with your values?
Exhausted by your work in the international development and aid sector and wondering how you can
more effectively take care of yourself?
Feel that the current structures & pressures in international development detract
from the kind of solidarity you really want to be a part of?
This free online conference will envision how international development can be re-imagined
& ask the critical question of how we heal ourselves, both from the inequity in our practice and the
working practices that overwhelm and exhaust us.
Register to Attend @ https://healingsolidarity.org/
What we’ll explore
What it means to be practitioners with integrity, responsive to the people whom we serve, whilst allowing
our values to stay intact.
How to identify and disrupt the ways in which our sector manifests the things we abhor; colonial attitudes,
racism, corporate structures.
What it means to address our wellbeing and be self-reflective as practitioners.
How we can build just cultures in organisations, communities and initiatives which create the collective care we crave
Schedule – Healing Solidarity Conference
Be sure to check your email every day for that day's access link for the talks.
Mark Healing Solidarity emails (from email@example.com) as safe/favourite and drag them to your Inbox from Promotions if you're a Gmail user to ensure you see them.
First here’s a few more details about how the conference will work:
- It runs September 17th-21st.
- Each day of the conference you will receive a daily email with links to see the talks of the day & to access the daily workbook. Talks will be available for free for 48 hours, beginning at 8am East African Time (10.30 am IST, 9 am CST, 6 am BST, 1 am EST)
- You can watch them as many times as you'd like in that 48-hour window. Then, those talks will be removed and you will receive a new email with the next day's talks.
- You'll also receive the daily workbook. The workbook will offer key ideas from each session and challenging, interesting questions and prompts to help you reflect on the conversations we’ll be having during the conference.
- We will also be reflecting together in The Healing Solidarity Conference Facebook Group.
- The Facebook Group is also where Live Practices will take place during the week of the conference so make sure you join that if you haven't already by clicking on the link above to enable you to participate in those.
Grab a printer-friendly version of the schedule. Highlight, doodle, and create your way to the talks you most want to see.