The Irish Forum for Global Health (IFGH) will co-host this year’s Global Health Exchange Conference with the HSE, Oxfam Ireland and Dublin City University. The conference is being held under the theme: Reaching the furthest behind first: addressing gender and other inequalities to meet the SDGs.
When: September 12th 2019
Where: Dublin City University
Across all areas of global health, in particular we seek to emphasize:
- Gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Sexual reproductive health and rights
- Global health leadership
- Health and nutrition
- Inequalities that affect health (for example issues related to mental health, climate change, etc)
How we would like you to get involved and engaged with this event:
We invite participation from and engagement by practitioners, researchers and decision-makers from the global health and broader development and humanitarian assistance communities.
The formats available for presenters/discussants and participatory activities will include:
- Plenary speakers who will inspire and inform
- Moderated panel discussions to share voices and experiences
- Roundtable discussions that involve all who wish to participate
- ‘Oral Soapbox Snapshot’ for opinions, ideas, projects or research
- Global Health Village for organisations and individuals to share activities, achievements and aspirations
- Short videos
- Other formats (please suggest)
We will actively encourage discussions between presenters and participants across the full event, so would like to encourage you to commit to participating for the full day.