When: Friday, 16th April, 1pm
Registration: Register here
This event is part of the UCC Centre for Global Development and the Irish Forum for International Agricultural Development (IFIAD) Food Systems and Nutrition webinar series. The overall aim of the Food Systems and Nutrition Webinar Series is to contribute to dialogues amongst Irish development organisations on some key food system challenges in the run-up to the UN Food Systems Summit.
This webinar on 'Access to Nutrition – How can we make nutritious food affordable for all?' will provide an overview of the global challenges relating to cost of diet, and will present case study evidence from projects involving Irish and international NGOs. Chaired by Sophie Healy Thow, discussion of potential solutions will be guided by some of the “Game Changer” ideas being developed as part of the Food Systems Summit Action Track 1 process.
- Dr. Anna Herforth, Senior Fellow, Friedman School of Nutrition Science, Tufts University
- Prof. Corinna Hawkes, Director, Centre for Food Policy at City, University of London
- Dr. Mary Corbett, Advisor, Food Security and Nutrition, Self Help Africa
- Lilly Schofield, Senior Research and Impact Advisor, Save the Children
- Joseph Odyek, Nutrition Programmes, Concern Liberia