High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations of the European Union.
The call for expressions of interest for the 2021 High Level Traineeship Programme in the Delegations of the European Union (also known as the Junior Professionals in Delegations scheme) is now open.
The purpose of this programme, established by the European External Action Service (EEAS) and the European Commission, is to enable talented graduates from EU Member States to gain first-hand experience in the work of EU Delegations as well as a deeper insight into their role in the implementation of EU external relations policies. EU Delegations are the offices of the EU institutions in countries outside the EU, and act as focal points for the EU’s relations and partnerships with those countries.
Candidates applying for this high-level traineeship programme should:
- be a national from an EU Member State;
- hold at least a university degree in a domain relevant to the activities of the Delegations; a sample list of minimum qualifications is available on the EEAS website (see 'Diplomas Annex') in the link below;
- have excellent command of English and/or French; knowledge of other languages is an asset;
- show a great interest and motivation to work in a Delegation;
- demonstrate professional experience; extra-curriculum activity, such as volunteering or publications, is an important asset.
Two JPD positions will be financed by the EU institutions in 2021, and Irish Aid intends to finance an additional two positions. Positions financed by Irish Aid are likely to be aligned with Ireland’s development policy interests. In particular, preference for those positions may be given to a candidate who may be suitable to be placed in West Africa (for example possessing a high level of French, Portuguese, Spanish or Arabic).
JPDs receive remuneration including, but not limited to, a monthly grant and an accommodation contribution throughout the duration of the traineeship. Those posted to hardship locations are also entitled to a monthly hardship contribution.
Full details, including important eligibility criteria and the application form, are available on the website of the European External Action Service (EEAS) here.
The deadline for applications is 31 January 2021. Eligible candidates wishing to apply for the programme should complete and sign the application form (signature must be hand-written) and send a scanned copy by e-mail to email@example.com by the above date.