DSAI invites applications for the role of Postgraduate Student Network study group convenor and to join the DSAI Steering Committee. The postgraduate student representative is the link between DSAI, the postgraduate community, development researchers and NGOs across DSAI.
The position is supported by the administrative co-ordinator and the chair of DSAI.
- Convenor of the DSAI Post Graduate Network Study Group.
- Attend and represent postgraduate students’ members on the DSAI steering committee. which meets every two months.
- Provide a postgraduate student perspective on DSAI’s activities, plans and communications.
- Foster and maintain links between postgraduate students and student groups with DSAI.
- With the support of the study group, deliver three DSAI events and assist with the Annual Conference.
- Promote DSAI membership among students.
- Support and promote DSAI social networking channels.
The role of postgraduate student representative will provide an excellent opportunity for a master’s or PhD level student working on development research to; network with others working in this area, gain a broad perspective on and contribute to the management of an international development initiative and to organise and contribute to DSAI activities and events.
You will be part of one of ten dynamic DSAI study groups.
This is a voluntary position and will provide the student with valuable insights, experience, and networking opportunities. Each convenor is provided with a budget to organise events for the year.
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming the DSAI post graduate network study group convenor, please submit your CV and a one-page statement to email@example.com by 12 noon Friday 26 February 2021, with ‘post graduate network’ in the subject line and outline the following two points:
1. Why you would like to lead the post graduate network study group.
2. What skills you can bring to meeting the goals of DSAI.
Informal enquiries also welcome, please contact DSAI Chair, Dr Nita Mishra via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.