The Development Studies Association Ireland is seeking to fill the post of Treasurer for the organisation. The Treasurer serves as a sitting member of our voluntary Steering Committee, attending 6-8 Steering Committee meetings per year.
Established as an unincorporated association, DSAI is governed by an elected steering committee whose powers and duties are set out in a written constitution. DSAI is a network of individual international development scholars, practitioners and policy makers from across the higher education, governmental and non-governmental organisation and policy sectors that come together to achieve a concentration of learning, reflection, knowledge exchange and influencing that no one Irish institution or organisation can achieve alone. DSAI is supported by contributions from members and from the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs, Irish Higher Education Institutes (HEIs) and NGOs. DSAI has a well-established and broad system of alliances across the international development sector in Ireland and runs key strategic public events each year, including an annual conference, a summer school and numerous study group seminars. DSAI operates with a small core staff team (0.7FTE) across administrative and communications duties, supported by and active Chair, Steering Committee and Study Group Convenors.
General Duties of Steering Committee Members
- Comply with the DSAI’s governing documents – Strategic Plan 2022-2027 and Our Constitution.
- Ensuring association is complying with its constitutional purpose
- Acting in the best interest of the organisation
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of the organisation
The Treasurer Role:
DSAI are seeking an individual with proven knowledge in financial management or accountancy to supports the financial management of our small operational functions including:
- Occasional one to one meetings with Chair and Administrative Officer
- End of year Financial Reports in line with Funder requirements
- Coordinate with Adminstrative Officer on annual membership invoicing in line with host institution finance and adminstration processes
- Have an overview of the finances to advise the Board on financial implications of proposals, cash flow problems etc.:
- General financial oversight, ensuring appropriate financial systems and controls are in place.
- Monitoring the budget, ensuring the use of funding is in line with donor’s expectations and complies with the conditions of funders.
- Preparing and presenting financial reports to the AGM.
Please send an expression of interest with short CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14th July.
Please inlcude a note on availability to start, which should be from or before 1st September 2023.