The resilience of society to increased climate risk depends on our ability to efficiently translate best available knowledge into decision-making processes and planning frameworks. To succeed in this effort, integrated coordinated and sector-tailored climate services are needed to support effective implementation of climate preparedness measures.
TRANSLATE is a competitive research call for applications open to all Irish Higher Education Institutions who will lead a team including partners from the international climate services community. It is aimed at standardising national climate projections for Ireland and developing climate services to meet the Irish adaptation sector’s climate information requirements. The research call’s objectives are:
- To standardise climate projections for Ireland;
- To document & prioritise sector specific climate service requirements;
- To develop sector specific climate services;
- To develop climate service communication strategy and material.
- Call deadline: Friday 10th July 2020 at 17:00.
- The system will automatically prevent application submission after the deadline.
- Results expected: September 2020.
Please use the Met Éireann grant platform to submit your application (best with Edge, Firefox or Chrome), following the instructions therein: https://meteireann.grantplatform.com/.
If you have any questions on the application process, please contact Met Éireann’s Research Funding Office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.